Mitre Peak Cruises’ highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff, suppliers, and community. The Covid-19 situation is ever-changing, and we are guided by our national authorities including The Ministry of Health, to ensure that we provide the safest means of operating within the current Alert Level 2.
Our Response to COVID-19 ensures:
- All operations have daily cleaning schedules in place which covers routine, end of day and weekly tasks.
- All ‘high-touch’ areas (counters, doorknobs, phones, keyboards and toilets) are routinely cleaned pre and post check-in and cruise and regularly throughout your experience.
- Our vessels are thoroughly sanitized pre and post cruise. We use Virkon-S for the sanitization. Our staff have been trained on using Virkon-S for the cleaning.
- Hand sanitizer is available at check-in and on-board our vessels.
- We have reduced our cruise capacity to ensure we remain in-line with official recommendations for physical and social distancing.
Further Initiatives include:
- We have displayed signage to remind customers and staff of the vigilance around thorough hand washing (20 seconds min).
- Regular staff training to ensure they are up-to-date with our guidelines.
- We have hand sanitizer available at our operations.
- Asking any staff or customers who are feeling unwell to please stay at home and seek medical advice via Healthline or their GP.
- We have implemented a cancellation fee free policy for any customers who are unable to travel with us if they are feeling unwell.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with us here.
Tel: 0800 744 633
Or via webchat (during NZ office hours).