Mitre Peak Cruises’ highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff, suppliers, and community. The Covid-19 situation is ever-changing, and we are guided by our national authorities, including The Ministry of Health, to ensure that we provide the safest means of operating within the current Alert Level 2
From the 3rd December, face coverings will continue to be mandatory and all our customers to scan in using the NZ COVID Tracer app. All customers will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. This can be presented digitally or as a hardcopy.
Our COVID-19 operating procedures ensure:
- Mandatory use of face masks on board vessels.
- Hand sanitiser is readily available at the check-in desk an on-board vessels.
- We ensure scheduled cleaning and sanitization is carried out between cruises and at the end of the day. This will be in place at the check-in desk and office also.
- Signage is in place requesting to hand sanitise before doing so. Crew members will ensure the tea and coffee station will be cleaned regularly.
- One time use drinking vessels will be in use. Customer can serve themselves tea and coffee.
- QR codes for contact tracing scanning are available at the desk and featured throughout our vessels. If a customer does not have the contact tracing app, a staff member can fill out the Contact Tracing Register on behalf of the customer so details can be kept safely.
- Signage is displayed at the desk and throughout our vessels relaying mandatory requirements and information encouraging our company protocol.
- One time use Paper boarding passes will be given out to passengers and discarded after every cruise.
- Reduced capacity is in place to allow for social distancing.
Further Initiatives include:
- We have displayed signage to remind customers and staff of the vigilance around thorough hand washing (20 seconds min).
- Regular staff training to ensure they are up-to-date with our guidelines.
- We have hand sanitizer available on our vessels and check in desk.
- Asking any staff or customers who are feeling unwell to please stay at home and seek medical advice via Healthline or their GP.
- We have implemented a cancellation fee free policy for any customers who are unable to travel with us if they are feeling unwell.
Our Covid-19 Conditions & Cancellation Policy
If you cannot travel because you are directly impacted by Covid-19 you will be offered the option to reschedule your booking or receive a full refund.
If we are required to move alert levels and reduce capacity or stop operating, you will be contacted by our team to organize a reschedule or refund.