Take a day trip from Queenstown on one of the world’s finest alpine drives to Milford Sound in a small group tour, including scenic stops and guided commentary, followed by a stunning 2-hour cruise.
Milford Sound Cruise & Scenic Heli Flight
- Adult Ages 15+
- Child Ages 4-14 • Children must accompany a paying adult
- Infant Age 0-3 • Free of charge on flight if they sit on adult’s lap and are less than 11kgs. Children over 11kgs will be charged at 50
Enjoy A Scenic Flight with An Alpine Landing
Our 2-hour cruises are one of the most intimate and immersive ways to explore Milford Sound. We’ve designed our boats for better maneuvering to get you closer to your incredible surroundings. Each tour group has no more than 55 or 75 spaces available, so you have enough room to appreciate the grandeur.
Get to and from your Milford Sound cruise on a scenic helicopter ride out of Queenstown that is nothing short of spectacular.
What to expect:
The scenic heli-flight there
Departing from Queenstown, you’ll fly to Milford Sound with an epic birds-eye view of this untouched region. Fly over snowcapped mountain ranges, ancient glaciers, tumbling waterfalls and sparkling lakes including the breathtaking and incredibly blue Lake Wakatipu in Queenstown. A remote alpine landing tops off your exclusive exploration of a UNESCO World Heritage wilderness.
Upon arrival in Milford Sound you will enjoy a 2-hour boat cruise.
Sit back and relax as your cruise makes its way out into Milford Sound past the iconic Mitre Peak. We’ll sail the length of the 16km fiord, out past St Annes Point Lighthouse, with informative commentary from our skipper who will highlight points of interest along the way including the mighty Lady Bowen Falls, Lion Mountain, Copper Point, Seal Rock and Stirling Falls. You’ll see towering peaks, sheer cliffs, cascading waterfalls and lush rainforest. Feel the spray of Fairy Falls and listen to the sound of nature thriving in its habitat.
We also take you out into the Tasman Sea so you can enjoy the unique opportunity of approaching the fiord just as the first sealers did way back in the 18th century.
Be sure to keep an eye out for seals basking in the sun, pods of dolphins, or rare Fiordland Crested Penguins that can be found seasonally within the region.
Keep warm with complimentary tea and coffee in the lounge and take in the scenery through expansive windows. Or venture onto the spacious outdoor viewing decks to breathe in the pristine alpine air. Either way, you will be inspired by the majesty of the region.
The scenic heli-flight back
Complete your journey with another thrilling helicopter flight back to Queenstown.
- Uninterrupted aerial views from Queenstown to Milford Sound
- 2-hour cruise with frequent stops at spectacular points of interest
- Up-close perspectives of flora and fauna, waterfalls and wildlife and more
- Uninterrupted aerial views over untouched wilderness
- Fantastic photo opportunities
- Interactive and informative commentary
- Complimentary tea and coffee on-board
- Complimentary pick-ups from most hotels
- Small and uncrowded experience